Student Trainer Workshop FAQ
- What is the date for the student trainer workshop?
The VATA Student Trainer Workshop is held on a Saturday during the month of April. Exact dates change from year to year so check back to this website for details.
- Do you have be a VATA student member to attend?
No. Any student trainer may attend the workshop regardless of VATA membership status.
- How much does it cost?
For 2015 the registration fee is $15 for early bird pre-registration by April 10, and $20 on-site registration.
- What is the deadline to apply for the VATA student trainer scholarship?
All scholarship applications must be complete and postmarked by May 1. Applications must be mailed, not dropped off in person. If May 1 falls on a Sunday, it is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that it gets postmarked before the due date.
- Can any student trainer apply for the scholarship?
No. Only seniors who intend to attend a four year college or university may apply.
- Will I recieve a check for the scholarship?
No. Checks will be made out only to the college or university which the student is attending.
- My supervising athletic trainer is not a member of VATA. How will that affect my scholarship application?
If your supervising athletic trainer(s) are not members of VATA, your application will not be considered.
- My school has 2 athletic trainers. Which one must be a member?
If your school has 2 athletic traiiners, both must be a member of VATA in order for your application to be considered.
- May 1 was on a Sunday but my application was postmarked May 2. Will this affect my scholarship application?
It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that applications are mailed in a timely manner. Applications postmarked after May 1 will not be considered.